Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Illustration Friday - ENTANGLED


                                     
                                             Click to enlarge

Well, this week's word, "ENTANGLED" was suggested by my friend, Diana Zipeto, so despite being FLAT OUT, I just HAD to put together a quick drawing! (Threw it in my bag, afterwards, so pardon the wrinkles!!) Last week, I had rediscovered an older piece I did in traditional mediums, and decided I wanted to go back to playing with that sort of thing, so I had some fun scribbling with colored pencils here.

click to enlarge

So....I was cleaning out the back of my SUV last Sunday in anticipation of trading it in, & found this GIANT folder that covered the floor of my cargo area. I knew it was back there - and has been for over 3 yrs. I just didn't need the huge water color paper inside, so I left it there. Well, imagine my surprise when I found THIS & 2 other pretty cool original pieces of art inside! They've got to be at least 10 years old, and are in the mixed media style I'd like to get back to. Pretty cool that I find myself inspired by....well, MYSELF!!! What do you think? I'm thinking I need to break out the watercolors & rapidographs next!!!

As always, I appreciate you stopping by & love to read your comments!!!

9 comments:

  1. that's a very cute cat! I love the way you used the coloured pencils, it is very expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you becoming Ms.Traditional. Next you'll be renting a loft and stretching mile-wide canvases.

    Love the horse's mug the best. What a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't discard all your water color paper. Or maybe you came to your senses. The digital world has us all blinded a little, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! No....the back of my SUV just made for good storage. Now I've got it under my bed. :)

      Delete
  4. Lucky you. It's always fun to find old pieces that you forgot about :) Now fill up the rest of that watercolor paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you did more 'canvas stretching' (Ted)...I like it like I said last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cut cat! Love his eyes!! The scribbly-ness of pencils is great with the ball of string. The horse is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute cat he looks far too engrossed to realise what a mess he is getting into :) Well if that is a horse from 10 years ago, I can't wait to see what you come up with next using mixed media :)

    ReplyDelete