Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Illustration Friday - SNOW

Click to enlarge
You know what they say about yellow snow.....DON'T EAT IT!!!!!

Each week when I do the Illustration Friday challenge, I try to accomplish 2 things: #1, make you smile, and #2, come up with a unique idea. After all, there are usually several hundred artists submitting an illustration of the same theme. I don't know if I achieved goal #1 this week, but I *think* I came up with something somewhat original....there can't be THAT many people as twisted as me! You decide!

I don't know if I'll post again before Christmas, so I'll take the time now to sincerely thank you all who visit this silly blog again and again, as well as those who may have just stumbled upon it. Have a wonderful and safe holiday, and be sure to hold those you care about close - in your heart, if you're not able to physically. Because this blog is dedicated to art designed to specifically make you smile, I'll just leave it at that, as I'm sure many of us have had our thoughts & hearts in the same place this past week......

15 comments:

  1. Hi, Mit! I think you accomplished very well your goals, your illustrations make me smile (often they make me laugh!), and your work is original, you call attention to certain aspects: the (facial) expressions, postures and funny and/or extreme situations. Your blog is extremely funny and I love it!
    A very peaceful and joyful Christmas to you and your beloved ones.
    Thanks for the warning of yellow snow ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to post something every day so that I can wake up and laugh right away... this is great and a joke that's just juvenile enough to be right in my wheelhouse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustrations are great fun and really make me laugh ! Love coming to your blog! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! And since I always have to guess the breed, I'm going with Corgi mix. :) I'm with you, trying to bring smiles without dwelling on awful things - particularly because folks can easily read about those things in many other places.

    Many happy holidays to you also, and thank you for all the comments on my blog this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Fun illustration as always Mit! Been a great year of starting IF and a strange sense of making new friends even though we've never met. Have a great Christmas and I can't wait to see more of your work next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the look on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your illustration certainly made me smile. I'm wondering if that's how yellow snow-cones are made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're great!!! Love it!!! And yes, it made me smile!!! I wish you the happiest holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Lovely shading and paw prints on the snow - and a great expression; he looks relieved! Have a wonderful festive season too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am smiling :) Happy Holidays to you, too, Mit!
    PS LOVE the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work and your blog and plan to return regularly. I always enjoy your ideas and illustrations. There's always a smile here! Including this funny illustration! :)
    Cheers to a happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie! Your illustration made me smile and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, jumping through hoops for Ill Friday every week and then going around and leaving comments on all the blogs I like is like a full time job I don't get paid for. But I'd do it for free. Oh wait, I DO do it for free.

    Merry Mitmas, Chrit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great concept & love his zany, knowing look at the viewer :) It's hilarious! Love the subtle sky, too. Hope your holidays are bright, and looking forward to more of your IF next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There can never be enough smiles in the world! I'm pretty sure there's plenty of yellow snow though :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete