Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Illustration Friday - KERNEL
Click to enlarge
This week I only had time for a quick sketch. My muse was my little studiomate, Miss Miga. She always has an overflowing bowl of kernels from which to pick through! Of course, she selects the best morsels, & leaves the rest! When I had her pose for this sketch, I admit I sort of cheated a little, and kept handing her cheerios to fill her pouches....but the kernels were definitely in the bowl!!

This week, I was asked by a wonderful artist whose work I've enjoyed & commented on if I wanted to exchange links. This was a new concept for me, but what fun!!! So I added a space on my blog for other cool links to blogs I like.  One of my favorite things about Illustration Friday is networking & visiting other artists' sites! If YOU would like to exchange links, drop me a note!

As always, thanks for visiting!
Miga likes to sit on her wheel & watch me type. Here, I apparently wasn't all
 that interesting because she fell asleep &  did a face-plant into the bedding.....

10 comments:

  1. Great illustration -- it's "popping" with personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what do you expect when you're packed with Cheerios; food coma!

    That's a funny photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha so cute! Terrific little sketch. And awwww! So funny with the face plant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miga is so cute...and so is your little drawing of her with those kernel-packed cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Made me remember my own hamster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute. Wish I could sleep that good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a sweetie face! Great job with your character! well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, Miss Miga is adorable! She eats Cheerios too, huh? Just like me. :)

    ReplyDelete