Monday, October 15, 2012

Illustration Friday - WATER

Click to enlarge
It was just another ordinary, lazy Sunday....until Salvatore noticed there was a stranger among them....


Well, this week's theme was so crazy-easy that I was tempted to just posted an existing piece. But then I got an idea, & just had to play around with it. I guess I subconsciously had Loch Ness monsters on the brain after seeing this cool guy my friend, Phil posted on his blog a few weeks ago: http://philrood.blogspot.com/2012/09/monster-alphabet-nessie.html  (Check out the whole series!!! Great stuff!!)

  But since I finished so early this week, I felt like I couldn't post just one, so I went into my archives, and dug up a few more....

Click to enlarge
A version of this girl & her friends is currently framed & hanging in my guest bathroom. 
Yeah, I admit I  have a pretty funky bathroom....

Click to enlarge
 And you might recognize this attitudinal guy as my blogger/google avatar..... 

Click to enlarge
When Allistair, a bit of a hellraiser, took to his skis, Ferris tried to avoid getting swamped...
Allistair and Ferris starred in my Illustration Friday entry for SWAMP waaaayyyyyyy back in March. I immediately thought of Allistair's wake when I saw this week's theme was WATER....

Click to enlarge
Bathing Bertha spent her last $10 on SHADES to compliment her outfit, but if she doesn't spring for some sunscreen soon, she'll blend in with her bikini!

And then Bathing Bertha followed the week after for SHADES. My week has already been from Hell, and it's only Monday....What can I say? I wish I were floating around with her! I already have cocktails on the brain! I think I might need a few to get me through this week....

As always, I appreciate your visit and any comments you may feel compelled to leave! And if you like what you see, and haven't subscribed yet (on the right) please do! :)

22 comments:

  1. Haha!! very funny...the monster thought he was a swan..he just thought Salvatore fancied him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhahahahhhaha! Hmmm...i see a theme here....haha! Great work! top one cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Mit, I really like the way you did this with him trying to blend in with the geese! I also love that you linked a bunch of your other water-themed work. It's great to see a bunch of older work reviewed this way... it's a trick I may steal from you in the future...
    Thanks so much for the props and the link, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely illustrations! Mermaid and the fishes is great! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. I like the cheeky smile of the sea monster.
    The mermaid is a great piece too and I'm always happy to see your fish at the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have said before your works always bring a smile to my face!
    Great ideas loves the sea monster and alligator on waterski are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! And I echo everything Katrin said :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cup is overflowing with water art! I love Nessie the best. Her sheepish grin is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that perhaps you lived near water in a past life! Great illustrations. I really love the expressions on the two swans who don't look surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it was the lack of good preening that gave Salvatore away in the end.

    The smug fish is still my favorite. Makes me chuckle like a chucklehead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. whaaa what a lot of watery fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think it worth your doing the Loch Ness Monster one, for your twisted humour!! Especially like the swans.

    However, I love Allistair the alligator waterskiing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Busy week Mit! I think the mermaid and her fishy friends is my favourite but the Loch Ness is pretty funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! go girlie! you posted all these great illustrations for the word! Watch out swans! Okay Allistar is just awesome! Must say a great big thanks for taking the time to leave me such great comments always. Just when I think no one is looking I can always count on you to take the time to a peek. :D Love your posts with your stories behind it and keep at it I will be here to cheer you on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great collection! I love the idea of a Nessie hanging out with the swans though. poor Nessie, he just wants to be elegant and beautiful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha, Nessie's smile is hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, the poor monster, trying to looks friendly with that smile, but it only shows his teeth! Very fun scene! Love the mermaid and friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your twist on the ugly duckling! (A true friend would tell Nessie about that seaweed in her teeth though.) Water definitely seems to be your element!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great illustrations. I like them all, but particularly the elephant turning pink!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are great! I especially love the mermaid and her fishy pals.

    ReplyDelete