One of my favorite bloggers, Sharon Wagner (whose blog often seems to alternately make me hungry, or want to jet off to a tropical rain forest) surprised me with a Liebster Award a few weeks back. Neither one of us really knows what a Liebster is, but as long as it's not a "Worst Dressed" award, I'll take it!!! LOL!!! So THANK YOU, Sharon!! Please vist her blog here: http://sharonrwagner.blogspot.com/
So apparently when one receives such an award, you're supposed to post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions the bestower asks you, & then nominate 11 more blogs for this fabulous award! Sharon didn't ask me any questions, so I will just give you some random facts that you probably have no interest in learning ......
Eleven Random Mit Facts:
1. Mit is actually short for Kermit....as in The Frog; a nickname I acquired in high school due to my supposed "big, bulgy eyes, & long, skinny, floppy arms." I decided rather than give them the satisfaction of being upset about it, I would embrace it.........and have been signing my artwork that way ever since.
2. I have a shake cheese (parmesan) addiction. I make the server stand there for minutes on end, grating cheese until my plate is covered in a sort of coating of off-white snow.....
3. I am left handed. So is my boyfriend....whose birthday just happens to be the day after mine...
4. I used to be allergic to scallops & champagne, but fortunately I'm not any more because I love both! ( Of course, periodically testing this until I discovered the allergies were gone was a wee bit risky....)
5. I am a firm believer in never giving up on your dreams. I started saving for a corvette when I was 8 years old, & finally bought one when I was 28. (We're both pretty damn old now, and not everything works the way it used to....that wasn't part of the dream)
6. I decided I was going to Syracuse University for a degree in illustration in the 8th grade. And I did.
7. I used to drink 9 cans of Mountain Dew a week for about 20 years. But remarkably have not lost any teeth nor have any fillings.
8. I'm a pretty good dart player, even though I'm told I throw funny.
9. I make coffee whenever I work in my art studio, but don't drink it very often otherwise. I think of it as sort of a magical elixer of creativity...that sometimes gives me the shakes.
10. I have had a pet turtle named Bug for over 20 years.
11. I was hired to illustrate a children's book in 1997. The art was completed, but the publisher broke the contract. It finally got published elsewhere in 2012. See #5! :)
So now I'm supposed to honor 11 other blogs with a Liebster. I recognize, however, that while I was more than willing to post some ridiculous facts about myself that no one will probably read, other people may not wish to do so.
So I will just list 11 really cool blogs below that I HIGHLY recommend you check out. Afterall, this award is not REALLY about silly facts, but more about getting people to discover new blogs, & the ones I'm listing below belong to some super-talented people!!!! Do consider subscribing to each one if you don't already! (And by the way - it was REALLY hard to pick only 11! I subscribe to far more than this that I love to visit!!!)
I'm not going to tell them. If they happen to see their blog listed, like awards, are pleased, & want to play along, cool. And if they are horrified, disgusted, & pissed off.....well, it wasn't me!!! :)
I enjoyed the random facts about you. It's always interesting to learn new things about people you know :)ReplyDelete
That's a great list of facts! Glad to hear the scallop allergy is gone. That one would make me sad! The corvette fact is probably the best one, though. :DReplyDelete
Terrific list of blogs! All on one of my lists already!
Ha ha ha! I love your list of facts...especially the publishing one (and the corvette as a result?!) That gives hope to everyone not to give up. Super chuffed to be on your list! Will have to check out the others.ReplyDelete
Congrats on the award! I, too, am familiar with most of these blogs-- good picks! PS I love that you have a turtle named Bug :)ReplyDelete
Awwww, Bug and Mit. Life in the pond must be very good. :) I LOVE these facts about you! And I like your mantra, never give up on your dreams. Congratulations on the award! And ooooh my, thanks for the shout out! xoxoxoReplyDelete
I love your list of facts too - and the reminder that there's no deadline on dreams coming true (often easy to forget in the desire to have it all NOW). All the best for your illustration ventures. :)ReplyDelete