One of my favorite bloggers, Sharon Wagner (whose blog often seems to alternately make me hungry, or want to jet off to a tropical rain forest) surprised me with a Liebster Award a few weeks back. Neither one of us really knows what a Liebster is, but as long as it's not a "Worst Dressed" award, I'll take it!!! LOL!!! So THANK YOU, Sharon!! Please vist her blog here: http://sharonrwagner.blogspot.com/
So apparently when one receives such an award, you're supposed to post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions the bestower asks you, & then nominate 11 more blogs for this fabulous award! Sharon didn't ask me any questions, so I will just give you some random facts that you probably have no interest in learning ......
Eleven Random Mit Facts:
1. Mit is actually short for Kermit....as in The Frog; a nickname I acquired in high school due to my supposed "big, bulgy eyes, & long, skinny, floppy arms." I decided rather than give them the satisfaction of being upset about it, I would embrace it.........and have been signing my artwork that way ever since.
2. I have a shake cheese (parmesan) addiction. I make the server stand there for minutes on end, grating cheese until my plate is covered in a sort of coating of off-white snow.....
3. I am left handed. So is my boyfriend....whose birthday just happens to be the day after mine...
4. I used to be allergic to scallops & champagne, but fortunately I'm not any more because I love both! ( Of course, periodically testing this until I discovered the allergies were gone was a wee bit risky....)
5. I am a firm believer in never giving up on your dreams. I started saving for a corvette when I was 8 years old, & finally bought one when I was 28. (We're both pretty damn old now, and not everything works the way it used to....that wasn't part of the dream)
6. I decided I was going to Syracuse University for a degree in illustration in the 8th grade. And I did.
7. I used to drink 9 cans of Mountain Dew a week for about 20 years. But remarkably have not lost any teeth nor have any fillings.
8. I'm a pretty good dart player, even though I'm told I throw funny.
9. I make coffee whenever I work in my art studio, but don't drink it very often otherwise. I think of it as sort of a magical elixer of creativity...that sometimes gives me the shakes.
10. I have had a pet turtle named Bug for over 20 years.
11. I was hired to illustrate a children's book in 1997. The art was completed, but the publisher broke the contract. It finally got published elsewhere in 2012. See #5! :)
So now I'm supposed to honor 11 other blogs with a Liebster. I recognize, however, that while I was more than willing to post some ridiculous facts about myself that no one will probably read, other people may not wish to do so.
So I will just list 11 really cool blogs below that I HIGHLY recommend you check out. Afterall, this award is not REALLY about silly facts, but more about getting people to discover new blogs, & the ones I'm listing below belong to some super-talented people!!!! Do consider subscribing to each one if you don't already! (And by the way - it was REALLY hard to pick only 11! I subscribe to far more than this that I love to visit!!!)
I'm not going to tell them. If they happen to see their blog listed, like awards, are pleased, & want to play along, cool. And if they are horrified, disgusted, & pissed off.....well, it wasn't me!!! :)