Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Illustration Friday - TALL
Click to enlarge

Gerry could never figure out why Darby always seemed to be in a foul mood....

Of course the first thing to pop in my mind when I saw this week's prompt was 'giraffe' but I figured that would be rather popular. Then I thought of a stork, heron, or other long-legged bird, but I drew birds last week & the last thing I'd want  is be accused of being boring! So I thought some more, and came up with this. Afterall, the dog world is full of extremes....  This one was cranked out lickety split, so I'm not thrilled with the execution. But if I didn't get it out tonight, it wasn't going to happen until Thursday night, & crickets are usually chirping & tumbleweeds blowing on IF after a certain time on Thursdays....
  Big thank you to everyone who stopped by last week & commented on "Teacher." I really appreciate your comments!!

18 comments:

  1. Yay, dogs! Great Danes are a favorite, so goofy! But they do leave their drool around! Great expressions! I've known some really great dachshunds too. (And that word doesn't looks right at all.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly and funny! A great laugh! Love their eyes. Great illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! This is great. I've owned and love Rhodesian Ridgebacks and the GD is part of their bloodline. And, the dachshunds look like little shrunken 'mini-mes' of the RR...so you captured all I love about a dog you didn't even illustrate. Oh dear. I am rambling. Love this illo would have been so much easier to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings always make me laugh! This one is fantastic...doxies are the best and the expression on this one is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! this reminds me of our new puppy and kitten...the kitten is usually wet from wrestling and getting licked by the slobbery dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this is a good one, and a good solution. I gave up on the word and just did my own thing. I started to feel like I was working for ill. friday every week, but they don't pay me. ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great characters ! The both of them. Fabulous Great Dane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Poor Darby! Love you illo and ideas, Mit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s going to be one very wet head I’ve known a few Great Danes they are huge

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh so perfect. I thought of the same image because we saw a great dane sitting in a mini cooper this week! So cool! But you did it and accompanied with my favorite doggie! That is so great! Love it! :D great expression and thought behind it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahahahahhaha!! splat! don't need words at all to know how that little dog feels! ahahaha...good one :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would be so cute if I didn't have dogs like this in the past! Thanks for making me smile today :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this one! Great work coming up with something a little different. Love the expressions on the dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. foul mood and likely foul aroma.
    certainly puts a damper on Darby's love life I bet.
    I like Gerry's obliviousness.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a riot. Clever idea, great expressions on the dogs!

    ReplyDelete